Junior Commercial Manager
What you do
The Junior Commercial Manager works alongside the Sales and Category Managers and takes on a wide variety of tasks. Your main responsibility is to support and assist with analyzing incoming sales requests, customer contacts, commercial contracts and to support in preparing quotations and presentations. You will also cooperate with other internal departments and handle some overall office and travel support. Because of the broad scope of this role, your knowledge of and experience in both sales and category management will grow immensely. This gives you the chance to naturally grow into a role in either account- or category management. Accuracy and a good eye for detail are important in this job. Partner in Pet Food is looking for an eager and commercially driven starter to join the team. The ideal candidate aspires a career in sales or category management and is outgoing and proactive. Excellent communication and social skills are vital, as you have a lot of contact with various, international stakeholders. You can plan and structure your own work and excel in a fast-paced working environment.
The commercial team
Gerald Kühr is CEO of Partner in Pet Food since July 2020. Prior to working at Partner in Pet Food, Gerald was working for Unilever for 10 years, starting as EVP Sales Europe and being appointed Chief Customer Officer in 2016. Gerald was a member of the Extended Global Executive Team at Unilever. Gerald was also Principal at Bain & Company Strategy Consulting (Germany) as a member of the European FMCG & Retail practice for two years. Gerald started his career at Procter & Gamble, where he was in Marketing & Sales both in Austria & Germany. Before leaving P&G, he was General Manager in Austria.
Eric Arnoldussen is the General Manager of Partner in Pet Food since January 2021. Before joining Partner in Pet Food, Eric was working for Upfield NL, a spin-off from Unilever, for 2 years as Commercial Director, being responsible for all commercial activities. Before that Eric was 12 years with Procter & Gamble in different leading sales roles. Before leaving P&G, he was E-Commerce and Emerging Channel Director.
What the organisation offers
- Enriching yourself with knowledge from several European Markets
- A job at a fast-paced, international organisation with an excellent market position
- An informal and down-to-earth commercial team of sales experts, led by General Manager Eric Arnoldussen and Chief Executive Officer Gerald Kühr
- The opportunity to grow into account management and/or category management mid-long term
- Fulltime job, working from home 2 or 3 days is the norm at PPF
Who you are
- Minimal Bachelor’s degree
- Highly developed problem solving and analytical skills
- Track record in analysing data in Excel and working with numbers, knowledge of PowerPoint
- Commercial, proactive, hands-on, outgoing, excellent communication and social skills, team player
- Eye for detail, meticulous, proficient in multitasking and prioritizing
- Fluent in English is a plus
Ideal match for
- A commercially driven candidate with a keen eye for detail
- Someone with a proactive and strong personality that wants to learn and grow in a fast-paced company
Where you work
Partner in Pet Food (PPF) is an innovative, leading European pet food producer. The company is private equity owned by Cinven. This investor has given an exciting new impulse to the company and created plenty of opportunities for new initiatives, such as further growing the A-brands and working with a more consumer and customer driven vision. The company culture is characterized by flexibility, cost efficiency, quick problem solving and high performance.
“We zijn een snelgroeiend bedrijf in een snelgroeiende industrie en zijn op zoek naar toptalent om met ons deze groei door te zetten.”