The Marketing Manager leads the business towards continuous successful growth, building the Santa Maria and Gold&Green brands and portfolio in the Benelux, and delivers on ambitious business objectives. You have the overall responsibility for the brand, portfolio and marketing strategy for the local retail and OOH markets. In close collaboration with the Country Manager, you develop a long-term local vision and plan for the commercial business and marketing, including a roadmap. Focus will be on further growing the market-leading Santa Maria portfolio by increasing purchase frequency and penetration. With Gold&Green, a relative newcomer in the Benelux market, you focus on building the brand. You develop strong business cases to ensure local market needs are met. Paulig is looking for a hands-on and independent Marketing Manager with strong business acumen and leadership experience. The role will have responsibility of the marketing budget to accommodate the growth ambitions and potential in the Benelux region. You ensure excellent local execution of the global strategies and plans and pinpoint the most effective local channels to reach these goals. You have 3 direct reports.
What the organisation offers you
- Responsibility for the brand, portfolio and marketing strategy for the local retail and OOH markets.
- Shared responsibility for the development and execution of the country growth strategy
- Leading and coaching an eager marketing team of 3
- The backing of a professional international market leading A-brand company
- Being part of a compact group of food lovers, a hands-on, no-nonsense working environment with a modern office, equipped with a professional kitchen
- Fulltime position (38 hours), 80% is negotiable’
- 8+ years of marketing experience in an international A-brand environment, preferably in food
- Retail experience is a must, OOH knowledge is an advantage
- Strong business acumen and a robust understanding of brand, consumer and shopper marketing
- Helicopter view and long-term outlook
- Proven management skills and the ability to drive and lead growth and coach performance
- Both strategic and hands on, entrepreneurial, results and customer oriented, positive and can-do attitude. Strong relationship builder and team player.
- Passion for food. You manifest yourself as a strong brand ambassador
- Fluency in English and Dutch
- Management and coaching
- Vision and strategy
- Stakeholder management
- Entrepreneurship and commercial thinking
- Results and quality orientation
About the company
At Paulig it’s all about ‘for a life full of flavour’. This international, family-owned business with over 2,000 employees in fifteen countries has been producing an assortment of high-quality coffee and seasoning for retail and out of home ever since 1876. Thriving key brands like Santa Maria, Gold&Green, Poco Loco and Risenta are part of the Paulig portfolio. Core values at Paulig are: Stay Curious, Grow Together and Strive for Excellence. The atmosphere is informal, with a high team spirit.
Read more about Paulig (in Dutch)
“As a local marketing manager at Paulig you will work in a passionate cross functional organization, have the opportunity to lead and develop your local business as well as a small team towards change, backed up of a professional international company.”