Senior Brand Manager
The Senior Brand Manager is responsible for developing and implementing an innovative marketing and brand strategy for John West in The Netherlands. You will raise product and brand profile and deliver on P&L in order to drive market share and increase sales and margins. You develop a local brand strategy that translates local consumer and competitor insights into championing and innovative plans which create a distinctive brand DNA. Setting relevant KPI’s and targets, in line with the overall brand strategy, and coaching a Product Manager are also part of this diverse role. You focus on positioning the brand strategically in retail and create successful and intelligent promotions to retain and increase brand penetration. Market share has boomed during covid-19, which offers plenty of chances for further growth.
With the backup of a global innovation team you can develop and implement your own local marketing plans. In the long-term there will also be opportunities in e-commerce. The Senior Brand Manager prioritizes and ensures the elements of the marketing mix drive towards ‘best in class’ achievements.
The organisation offers
- A broad marketing role with focus on strategy and innovation for a rapidly growing category
- Many opportunities to create and implement local marketing plans and strategy
- Focus on consumer insights and sustainability to strengthen and position the brand
- Working for a Dutch market leader, backed by a multinational
- An ambitious, compact team of colleagues that have been awarded with prizes
- The possibility to working parttime
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in marketing, preferably in FMCG
- Strategic vision as well as eye for detail and project management skills
- Experience with innovation and NPD is a plus
- Highly creative and not afraid to challenge others and the status quo
- Ambitious, driven, results oriented, self-motivated, teamplayer
- Excellent in stakeholder management, communication, influencing and relationship building
- Vision and strategy
- Planning and organising, project management, progress monitoring
- Stakeholder management
- Entrepreneurship and commercial thinking
- Market- and customer orientation
- Initiative, self-starter
About the company
With their mission ‘Healthy living, healthy oceans’ John West is currently growing incredibly fast in the canned fish category. Their large variety in fish species and products helps consumers to enjoy eating tasty and healthy fish products. In The Netherlands John West is the market leader in canned fish. At the office of John West in Utrecht a team of about ten people are dedicated and ambitious to retain their market leadership and expand their growth.
"This is a key position with full marketing responsibility for a sustainable, healthy and fast growing food brand, with plenty of options for further growth."