The Product Manager primarily focuses on product innovation and NPD. Based on current consumer and competitor insights you will develop and implement both innovations and renovations to achieve the ambitious growth goals. You contribute to and implement the local marketing and brand strategy in the Netherlands and further develop and stretch the category. You will help to raise product and brand awareness for the market leader in canned fish, drive market share and increase sales and margins. Next to your innovation focus, you create more visibility in retail and e-commerce. Being able to create content yourself is an advantage in this role, you have close contacts with various (packaging) agencies and the international marketing teams at Thai Union. You manage the website and social media and come up with consumer-oriented ideas to attract and retain new target groups. In the near future there will be more focus on local e-commerce platforms. The Product Manager takes the lead in this project. You contribute to the local brand strategy as set by the Senior Brand Manager. Market share has boomed during covid-19, which offers plenty of chances for further growth.
The organisation offers
- A marketing role with focus on NPD and innovation for a rapidly growing category
- Many opportunities to create and implement local marketing plans and strategy
- Focus on consumer insights and sustainability to strengthen and positioning the brand
- Working for a Dutch market leader, backed by a multinational
- An ambitious, compact team of colleagues that have been awarded with prizes
- The possibility to work parttime
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in marketing, preferably in FMCG
- Track record in innovation and NPD
- Content writing skills are a plus
- Eye for detail, creative, spunky, likes to take initiatives
- Ambitious, driven, results oriented, self-motivated, teamplayer
- Excellent in stakeholder management, communication, influencing and relationship building
- Planning and organising, project management, progress monitoring
- Stakeholder management
- Entrepreneurship and commercial thinking
- Market- and customer orientation
- Results and quality orientation
About the company
With their mission ‘Healthy living, healthy oceans’ John West is currently growing incredibly fast in the canned fish category. Their large variety in fish species and products helps consumers to enjoy eating tasty and healthy fish products. In The Netherlands John West is the market leader in canned fish. At the office of John West in Utrecht a team of about ten people are dedicated and ambitious to retain their market leadership and expand their growth.
"As a young and talented project manager and marketeer you can enjoy full responsibility for the portfolio and innovation of one of the most sustainable, healthy and successful food brands in the Netherlands."