Category Growth Manager
The Category Growth Manager EMEA takes the lead in developing a clear vision on the berry and the wider fruits and vegetables category. External and internal insights and foresights are used to come to a clear, trustworthy and inspiring vision. The category vision delivers clear category growth drivers which are aligned between Driscoll’s and it’s strategic partners. The implementation of the category growth manager ensures sustainable profitable growth for the berry category. You work together with the marketing and sales teams to ensure implementation and execution of the category growth drivers together with Driscoll’s strategic partners. The growth drivers are tailored to specific market and customer needs. The Category Growth Manager leads a team with EMEA-focus.
Driscoll’s is looking for a strategic and inspiring Category Growth Manager with a strong commercial view and excellent communication skills. Someone who can boost the category vision and empower the team to increase sales and develop appealing marketing and promotional activities. A track record with international retailers and markets is a plus. You lead the way in transforming the business from product selling to concept selling and from supply driven to demand driven and inspire all relevant internal and external stakeholders to embrace this new strategy. You collaborate with international customers on different levels, including category managers and other stakeholders from major retailers. You supervise the category development team, analyze complex issues, and develop smart solutions, which are comprehensive and effective.
What the organisation offers you
- Building a fast-growing brand by developing and implementing compelling category strategies
- Being part of an energetic, young, and winning team and managing and coaching a small team
- The support of a professional and global company that is rapidly growing, whereas the company spirit is highly entrepreneurial
- A category that is highly relevant and a brand that is unique in its category. In this role you will be able to impact the sustainable product portfolio.
- Excellent -international- career opportunities to develop your talent and skills
- Fulltime position with hybrid working possibilities, minimum 3 days from the office, and 20 percent travelling
- 8+ years in category or commercial/sales relates positions in FMCG, preferably in (fresh) food
- Track record in retail, knowledge of German retail is an absolute advantage
- People manager, able to lead expert teams
- Commercial, strategic, result driven, outside-in thinker, pragmatic, flexible
- Strong communicator, decisive and persuasive and team player
- Advanced English and proficient/advanced in German, French is a plus
- Entrepreneurship and commercial thinking
- Networking and relationship building
- Vision and strategy
- Persuasiveness and impact
- Results and quality orientation
About the company
Only the finest berries make it as a Driscoll’s berry. This international A-brand grows its own varieties of raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries. Driscoll’s is a family-owned company that has been operating for over a hundred years. No two days are the same at the Breda head office and the young and dynamic team is hands-on, pragmatic and flexible.
“You lead category growth for a fast-growing brand with plenty of X-factor charm at a energetic, fast-growing international family-owned business.”