The Sales Manager develops and grows the business for all products of Barilla and Wasa in The Netherlands. You boost all relevant categories and strengthen relations with several large retailers, including Jumbo and Picnic. Increasing market share and closing healthy year deals are a vital part of this role. Wasa is the absolute leading brand in crispbread in the Dutch market and you find ways to further enhance this top position. For Barilla, a challenger in premium Italian food, there will be a major innovation in 2022, which offers ample opportunity to develop this brand in the local market. In addition to your sales tasks, you also take on broad responsibility for the entire, compact Dutch team and have one direct report from an Account Manager. Barilla is looking for a highly entrepreneurial and hands-on Sales Manager with a track record in the Dutch retail market. Based on your vast business knowledge and experience, you develop a strong local sales growth strategy. You will become a member of a new Benelux Management Team that will be installed shortly.
The organization offers
- Comprehensive sales role in growing the Dutch business and taking the lead in further developing the local market
- A portfolio of two international A-brands in five different categories, ranging from a market leading position to being a challenger
- A role at an Italian family-owned business with long term ambitions and premium products
- A compact and international team with lots of teamwork
- International career opportunities and various development and training possibilities
- 8+ years of relevant sales experience in FMCG, including retail and A-brands
- Multiple category responsibility is a plus
- Track record in negotiation on head office level
- Excellent leadership skills
- Good communicative and interpersonal skills, team player
- Entrepreneurial, autonomous, pro-active, curious, problem-solving skills, agile mindset
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Management and coaching
- Entrepreneurship and commercial thinking
- Networking and relationship building
- Vision and strategy
About the company
Barilla Group is an Italian family-owned food company, recognized as a symbol of Italian know-how worldwide and is present in over a hundred countries. They lead in the markets of pasta and ready-to-use sauces in continental Europe, bakery products in Italy and Wasa crispbread in Scandinavia. The Dutch team is compact, hands-on, and informal and is based in Utrecht.
"Wil je verder bouwen aan onze sterke merken? Zie je de kansen, zet je deze om naar resultaat en voel je je thuis in een klein team waar je met je brede scope het verschil maakt dan heb je bij Barilla alle mogelijkheden om je stempel te drukken en jezelf te ontwikkelen."